Station 4 of the Menlo Park Fire District serves the West Menlo Park and West Atherton areas of the Fire District. This area is the hilliest part of the Fire District, and some of the largest homes are built in this area. Firefighters have to always be thinking on their feet to achieve the District's high standard of service.
Station 4 was built in 1949 by the Howard J. White Construction Company. The Architecture firm used was Kingsford Jones and William Simrell Jr. During the District's Seismic Upgrade Project, Station 4 was brought up to current earthquake standards. The Architecture firm used for the project was CJW Architecture. The Contractors, Beals Martin and Associates, completed the project in 1996.
Housed at Station 4 today is one of the District's newest Pierce Engine. It was purchased in 2002, and is a combination pumper (carries hose, ladders, water and a pump). Manning the Engine is one Captain and two firefighters. One of the personnel will be a licensed paramedic which provides the citizens of Station 4's response area with advanced life support.